Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The 'Day' is Approaching..

These days I was occupied with high volume of workload and I realised that I have not started to pack anything into my luggage yet. Just in case you are not aware, I will be heading to Birmingham on next Friday - 15th April 2011 and my luggage is still empty. OH GOSH!

At the end of March, I was being asked by my team lead if I would like to give it a try to work in UK because currently there are many UK projects coming in and there is insufficient human resources in UK at the moment. However, I was not informed about the exact duration of work period and also the allowance. (I was quite dissappointed when they told me that I only will have 20 pounds daily - No more LV jor!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!) Before that, I recalled that I rejected the offer three times before they told me about that I need to stay in Birmingham for at least 4 months. Somehow or rather I was influenced by the persuasion of my team lead. LOL. And at the same time I do feel like giving myself a try to experience a different working culture in UK. I guess this is how my decision being made. So here I go. =)

At first, I think most of my friends and family are worried for me because I will be travelling alone and I will be all by myself to survive in UK throughout the 5 months of stay. I know I am going to feel lonely and I know I am going to cry!!! XD
In fact, I am a crying baby. LOL. I know I will be going to work by public transport or maybe walking. I might be having breakfast/lunch/dinner by myself. I will do shopping on my own also. Travel maybe? LOL. As of now, I think there are a lot of uncertainties. I don't know what to expect when I was there, but I guess I just need to prepare myself for it.

I told someone that I am a good 'Adapter'.. LOL.. I just gotta have faith in myself.. Please pray hard for me!! :D

I will keep everyone posted about my life in Birmingham!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hor Mei, be STRONG! Though you are going far apart, family & friends of yours are close to heart! Take good care! We all love you, we will always be with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hor Mei,

    This maybe is ur HARD TIME when u at Birmingham but i do believe YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! It's a great opportunity for you in term of your work challenges and also to adept OUTSIDE WORLD. I can imagine when u BACK that time, you are totally turning to another person even more MUTUAL, PRETTY and having different of LIFE EXPERIENCES. ;)

    Maybe u r alone when having breakfast/lunch/dinner/shopping/travel but don't forget us wor... hehe... maybe when our gang got gathering for dinner/yam cha can FACE TIME ... hehe... :p

    ~GANBATEH HOR MEI~

    Best Regards,
    MING(銘)

    ReplyDelete